25 July 2009

On The Menu

So now that I have returned home, I thought it might be fun to include a list of food that I ate in Taiwan that maybe I wouldn't eat in the US, most likely because they aren't as available. For example:

  • Seaweed soup (warm and cold [the warm is better], special from Penghu and said to maybe help you get better if you have SARS or Cancer…)
  • Mini squid
  • Little fried minnow-like fish (whole)
  • Octopus tentacles
  • Yellow watermelon
  • “Sweet, Not Spicy” (seafood and sunflower seed patty)
  • Cactus Fruit-flavored Ice Cream (Delicious, also tried a bit of Aloe-Flavored Ice Cream, which is also delicious)
  • Barbequed Squid-on-a-Stick (Amazing)
  • Pig Ear (One tiny piece)
  • Pig Intestine (Also one tiny piece)
  • Frog Stomach (Tasted better than it sounds; though, since it's like 2 meals in one, I only ate one of them)
  • Sashimi (raw fish; this was at a Japanese restaurant, though, but they're into Japanese)
And, of course:
  • Lots of rice
  • Lots of noodles
  • Lots of rice noodles
A lot of it was pretty good, especially that barbequed squid. (So, if you happen to run across any in Ohio, you should let me know...).








(seaweed soup and yellow watermelon)

1 comment:

  1. Oh not fair. Your food was way more exotic and adventurous than ours in Vietnam. Although I too did get a chance to sample (by that I mean eat a plate full) mini squid. Did your tounge turn black from the ink becaue mine totally did (well a little). Well anyway, I`m sure it was much better than those nasty cheeseburgers back in the US. WHo would ever want to eat one of those ::awkward glance to the floor and side to side while trying to avoid being noticed even tho everyone in the room knows its you::

    ReplyDelete