20 June 2009

I just wrote twice as many words for this post as I have done in my paper.

So here I am, Saturday night, melted Cold Stone sitting beside me, being...what's the word? Lame. Not that I'd go out or anything--it's summer in Oxford: staying in and going out are practically the same. But I am working on my final paper for my English class/studying for my Structure of Modern English final.

CORRECTION: I should be working on my final paper for my English class/studying for my Structure of Modern English final. (That was a change from a present progressive transitive verb to a present progressive conditional transitive verb, by the way.)

What does this have to do with Taiwan?

That's what I'm supposed to be "blogging" (what a nerdy word...) about anyways. Well, I suppose it's just that I have the above to finish as well as a lot of other stuff to do before I leave--which is THURSDAY MORNING (did I mention I get home from school WEDNESDAY NIGHT? I'm getting home from school WEDNESDAY NIGHT). Ok.... That's right, in less than a week, I'll be on the other side of the freaking world. Oh dear....

Anyways, in true procrastination form, I turn to a list; a list of what I have to do until then (at least I can pretend to be organized).

TO DO before I leave:
-Finish ENG 344 paper
-Study for/ace ENG 302 final
-Do laundry
-Do Taiwan orientation Bible study
-Prepare testimony
-Write thank yous
-Get gifts to take to Taiwan :)
-Buy my Padre a Father's Day card :)
-Pack all of my stuff to go from school to home
-Pack some of my stuff to go from school and home to Taiwan
-Drive home
-Visit with family/cuddle with dog
-Figure out exactly what to do at an airport...

-A bunch of other stuff I am currently forgetting...
-Not get too nervous

Well, that's the list so far. Hopefully I can get it all in. Especially that last one, which I have been dealing with, but perhaps not in the best of ways (basically, I have diverted the worry to something completely unrelated, which still leaves me worried, just less so about flying and such). So if you are wondering why when you ask "ohmygosh! Are you excited!?!?!?" about the trip you get a less-than-enthusiastic response, please don't think I'm not, because I am and I'm extremely thankful, too. I just also have a really wierd mind that doesn't want to get too excited and then realize I should have been worrying about X. (Sorry, that's the best I can explain it. Just let it suffice that I'm wierd and don't want to jinx anything. What things? I'm not sure, but I'm convinced I should be worried about them...) But really, sooner or later I'll realize that this worrying is doing absolutely no good and I'll be fine, so don't do what I do: don't worry!


Honestly, I'd really just like to go home and hang out for a couple of days. I knew this whole leave-less-than-twelve-hours-after-I-get-home thing was going to happen, but it still is not exactly going to be pleasant. And I know it's going to be tough for my parents, considering the stress of it all. I just have to keep reminding myself that there will be a time for rest later (3 weeks of it before I'm back at school, though I'm already watching that time fill up, too...).

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. -Ecclesiastes 3:1

PS-Those prayer requests in the previous post still stand! Go back and revisit them if you need to. Here's the SparkNotes version:

-Safe travel
-Communication
-Relationships
-Funding
-Whatever else you feel like praying for (Ok, I just added that one)

1 comment:

  1. So now that I am back from 'Nam I finally have time to keep up on the awesome summers of everyone else - like yours. This is also my justification for posting a comment on a two-week-old entry. Anyway...

    I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoy your writing style and am looking forward to future posts... as long as they are a bit (and by a bit I mean a lot) longer than 'busy, busy, busy'.

    -Sitting all hours of the day at my computer, hitting refresh every minute in hopes that you have updated,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete